Saturday 6 April 2013

March - oh no its April already!


I'm not quite sure what happened to March?  It all started really well......
End of Frugal February left me with a virtually empty fridge; all sorts of random things eaten out of the freezer, in very odd combinations, but a good idea of how long things last for.  Loo roll being a good example.
Then a lovely weekend in 'that London' with JenniRobynFay and Lula.  Some people actually managed to take respectable photo's and post them on blogs, I just can't get the hang of photo's.  And a very bargainous trip it was too!  Normally tickets to London are expensive, but by using the option 'cheaper trains with slower journeys' I managed to get the ticket for the grand total of £23 return.  It meant changing trains at Crewe, but that was just another excuse to sit and watch the world go by.

I do love train stations.  Wondering where everyone is going, or coming back from.

Arrived in London Euston and navigated my way via the underground to Southwark where we were meeting.  Much cheery eating in cafes and wandering around looking at food is a lovely way to spend an afternoon.  It ended with a boat ride up the Thames and then more tea and cake before heading to our overnight stop to dump our bags and relax before going to a lovely Italian place for pizza and wine.  We walked MILES!!!

The following day saw us in Spitalfields where we bought many scarves and had a lovely brunch before getting our respective trains back home.  Again on the slow train: I never knew there were so many stations between London Euston and Crewe.

March is a busy month in work, year end means that lots of customers have deadlines to meet and I've been mainly whizzing from one end of the country to another. Leaving home in blizzards and arriving in glorious sunshine - odd sort of weather, but lovely for getting out and about.
Somewhere in there was Mothers Day, and Easter, and a lovely afternoon having Afternoon Tea.  Such a civilised thing to be doing! Tiny little sandwiches, cake and scones. What more can you ask?

And yet again I've signed up to do the Race for Life - I've also volunteered to help out at other events.  So.....I'd better actually get out there and see if I can manage to at least walk 5K - running it is but a distant memory.

No comments:

Post a Comment